ArtAuction for Relay for Life

Based on haiku-poetry by Japanese poet Matsuo Basho Samara Barzane (Kyoko) has invited some artists to contribute entries for an art auction. The donated Lindens go to the American Cancer Society (Relay for Life) and artists can win something at the end. Asmita Duranjaya has created two entries on 3D-basis and you can vote for them by giving a small donation at:
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Locus%20Amoenus/129/180/26 .



Asmita explains her work: "In "Haiku by Matsuo Basho" I try to use virtual options, but in regard to the Japanese tradition of visualizing an impression of the nature described in the poem." The visitor will get a plum-blossom as a gift and can sniff its scent.


"In "A Weathered Skeleton" I build a bridge from this old poem to recent incidents on the path of refuges coming from war zones, looking for shelter and finding death instead of." The artwork allows the visitor to be immersively integrated with a pray gesture.


"I try to develop my virtual multimedia style since 2009 and have participated in and organized a lot of exhibitions contests and art events. 3 times I could enjoy a LEA grant and in my work I try to use all the features, which virtual worlds offer for artists and which make virtual art different from RL art."

Comments

Popular Posts

Article on Asmita Duranjaya (p.111ff)